Porter-Cable 7424XP 6 in. Variable-Speed Random-Orbit PolisherPorter-Cable Model: pcbn7424xp
Product Features & specs :
Porter-Cable 7424XP 6 in. Variable-Speed Random-Orbit Polisher
- Electronic variable-speed 2500-6800 OPM
- Powerful 4.5 Amp motor
- Ergonomic grip for comfortable all day use
- Random, swirl-free polishing action
- 100% ball and roller bearing construction
- Spiral/bevel gears
- 6 in. Variable-Speed Random-Orbit Polisher - 7424XP
- Polishing pad - 54745
- Wrench - 48780
- Operating Manual
- Side Handle
The only down side I came across is that the body where you hold onto it is to big around to hang onto for any length of time. Since you can not reach all the way around you hand fatigues. I have been working with tools most of my life as a professional auto tech so my hands are not weak.
Now depending on how big your hand is will determine if its a problem for you. The only reference I can give in regards to hand size is I wear a large size when it comes to work gloves.
8 months ago
I purchased and used Hex Logic pads and recommend them highly, as they do not sling polish and wax all over the car unlike most other pads.
My only complaint is the machine does not have a flat surface on it's back. This makes it difficult to lay it down on the ground, or workbench and keep the pad upright so it says clean. I'm planning to fabricate a "U" handle and attach it using the threaded holes that are designed to hold the auxiliary handle.
The above complaint is the only reason I didn't give the PC 7424XP five stars. Buy it, you won't be sorry!
Q & A :
Standard Warranty - PORTER-CABLE LIMITED THREE YEAR WARRANTY (1 year for reconditioned products
PORTER-CABLE will repair, without charge, any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship for three years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover part failure due to normal wear or tool abuse. For further detail of warranty coverage and warranty repair information, visit www.portercable.com or call (888) 848-5175. This warranty does not apply to accessories or damage caused where repairs have been made or attempted by others. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary in certain states or provinces.
In addition to the warranty, PORTER-CABLE tools are covered by our:
- 1 YEAR FREE SERVICE: PORTER-CABLE will maintain the tool and replace worn parts caused by normal use, for free, any time during the first year after purchase.
- 90 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If you are not completely satisfied with the performance of your PORTER-CABLE Power Tool, Laser, or Nailer for any reason, you can return it within 90 days from the date of purchase with a receipt for a full refund – no questions asked.
- LATIN AMERICA: This warranty does not apply to products sold in Latin America. For products sold in Latin America, see country specific warranty information contained in the packaging, call the local company or see website for warranty information.
To register your tool for warranty service visit our website at www.portercable.com.
To obtain information on warranty performance, please write to: PORTER-CABLE CORPORATION, 4825 Highway 45 North, Jackson, Tennessee 38305; Attention: Product Service. THE FOREGOING OBLIGATION IS PORTER-CABLE'S SOLE LIABILITY UNDER THIS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL PORTER-CABLE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other legal rights which vary from state to state.