Mr. Heater MH9BX 9,000 BTU Portable Buddy Propane HeaterModel: mrhnf232000
Last 3 In Stock
Product Features & specs :
Mr. Heater MH9BX 9,000 BTU Portable Buddy Propane Heater
- Pilot for spark ignition as well as 4,000 BTU and 9,000 BTU settings
- Low oxygen, pilot light out, and tip over automatic shut off system
- Combined gas valve and ignitor for easy one-handed lighting
- Wall mountable as well as standalone
- Runs of a 1 lbs. disposable cylinder (Optional connector hose for 20 lbs. tanks sold separately)
- Heats up to 200 sq-ft.
- This heater can only be used in a recreational or commercial enclosure with a window or roof vent, it may also be used outdoors
- CSA certified
- Different models required for California and Canada due to local regulations
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- 9,000 BTU Portable Buddy Propane Heater - F232000
'size' solution I came up with instead of installing gas logs, fireplace, wood stove, whole house generators, etc.
I like it because it doesn't take any permanent space and, with two, they are easy to move into whatever positions will work the best. Two in a large room; one in a room, with another on standby for when the first runs out of juice, one in each of two rooms .... whatever.
I had no problem getting the heaters up and running. It was my first time ever using the 1 pound LB cylinders so it took a little longer for the gas to get flowing than I was prepared for initially, and though something might be wrong. But once it got going, now works great. I wish all reviews would allow future updates - it's hard to rely on feedback that is just a week or so old. So far so good, but how will it be by next winter? Don't know about that.
I have tested them both to make sure they worked, and I experimented with one on a cold night & turned the heat off.
Outside: 40 degrees. Inside - fell to about 60. W heater on brought it up to about 68 or so w/i 30 minutes
Room size: 24 x 13. approx.
Pleased with the heating.
One problem - I calculated the vent space for opening a window as per the instructions - 9 sq. in. (36 in window cracked 1/4". Actually opened two - another across room at 1/8" x 36. Got the Carbon Monoxide headache in about 30 minutes. I shut off heater. Aired out the room. An hour or so later, w headache much better, I fired it up again, this time with a 5" crack across a 30" window for 150 sq in. and still an inch or so across room.
That worked fine & still heated room.
I wonder how well it would work in 20 degrees, strong wind .... but I think I can play with where I open windows. Would update after that experience if I could.
Q & A :
Mr. Heater Limited Warranty
The company warrants most products to be free from defect for one year from date of purchase. At its option, the company will repair or replace products returned by the buyer to the factory free of charge, if it has been proven to be defective within the 1-year period. If a product has to be returned, it will be at the customers expense, with proof of purchase, to Mr. Heater.