Milwaukee 2401-20 M12 Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Screwdriver (Tool Only)Model: miln2401-20
Last 2 In Stock
Product Features & specs :
Milwaukee 2401-20 M12 Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Screwdriver (Tool Only)
- 25% more powerful than the competition with 150 in-lbs. of torque, while operating at 0 - 500 RPM
- 30% more run-time than the competition with the ability to drive up to 130 3 in. screws
- Fuel gauge lets you easily see how much battery life is left
- Metal gear housing ensures a greater durability and a longer tool life
- Built-in LED light illuminates the work area and makes it easier to see in dark, tight spots
- 30-minute charger keeps you working with little to no downtime
- Small compact size gives you the freedom to use a power tool where not normally accessible with other driver/drills
- Lithium-Ion manganese chemistry provides fade-free power until the end of the charge
- Soft grip sides protects and grips surfaces
- Quick bit-loading 1/4 in. hex chuck for bit insertion and release with one hand
- Part of the M12 System of over 90 tools
- M12 12V Cordless Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Screwdriver (Tool Only) - 2401-20
- Tool Only - Battery and Charger Sold Separately
It does lack some power when using with the drill torque setting, but I still was able to drill a 2" hole with a Hole Dozer bit in a 2x4...it did smell like it was heating and the battery drained but I still got it done.
When used to fasten bolts or screws, a single battery will last a very long time.
As a matter of fact, I rarely use my M18 Drill anymore because I have this one.
If you are looking for a simple drill for the house, you will get quite the bang for your bucks with this. Just keep in mind it is not as powerful as a bigger drill but still, you will get a very long way with this tool.
For professionals, it's heavier than other brands but the tool can take a beating.
The MAJOR problem with this thing is 500 RPMS! I bought it to be in between my Hitachi 12v hex impact tool (0-2500 rpms and 1100 inch pounds of torque beyond that as necessary) and my SKIL extra tool, a cordless 3.6v screwdriver.
Unfortunately, it is almost the same as my SKIL extra tool in feel and apparent power in drilling and VERY slow. though I know there must be more there somewhere but....... I end up drilling holes with my Hitachi which has gobs of power at only 12v.
And the speed to vary as necessary to a USABLE drilling speed whihc was a lot more than 500rpm.
At the very least it should have had a two speed switch, hi and low.
Well at least I got a great price and extra batteries plus a mini sawzall.
Q & A :
hex chuck, it will eject the bits. I bought the new one because I wanted
the same in case the old one "wore out" . The new one does not "eject" the
bits, the main feature for me, I install kitchen cabinets and it was very
easy to change bits one handed. Other than that it is a great driver, long
battery live, etc. Hope this helps
The warranty period for V28, M12 and M18 Li-Ion Battery Packs is two (2) years from the date of purchase. XC M18 Battery packs carry a (3) year warranty. The warranty period for Ni-Cd Battery Packs, Flashlights, Radios, and Professional Hoists (lever, chain, and electric) is one (1) year from the date of purchase.
*The warranty period for Portable Generators is two (2) years from the date of purchase.
THE REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT REMEDIES DESCRIBED HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE. IN NO EVENT SHALL MILWAUKEE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS, WRITTEN OR ORAL, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED FOR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that vary from state to state and province to province. In those states that do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty applies to the United States, Canada, and Mexico only.
Please call Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation for warranty questions at 800-729-3878