Corded power meets cordless convenience with the 18V LXT Brushless Compact Router Kit, model XTR01. The 18V LXT Router has an efficient Makita BL Brushless Motor for up to 50% longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. The kit includes an efficient 18V LXT 5.0Ah battery, which reaches a full charge in only 45 minutes – the fastest charge-time in the category – for less downtime and increased productivity.
The XTR01 Router is engineered for a full range of cabinetry and woodworking applications. It has a variable speed control dial (10,000 – 30,000) RPM) to match the speed to the application, with electronic speed control to maintain constant speed under load and soft start feature for smoother start-ups and better accuracy. Convenience features include the smooth rack-and-pinion fine depth adjustment system for more precise settings, dual LED lights to illuminate the work surface, and a quick release cam lock system for convenient depth adjustments and base removal/installation. The kit includes a fixed base, straight guide, rapid charger, one battery, case, and foam insert for case, and additional bases and attachments are available (sold separately). For users of corded Makita Compact Routers (models RT0700C, RT0701C), the bases used with these corded routers are fully compatible with the XTR01. In addition, the Router easily connects to Makita vacuum cleaners with the optional dust nozzle for improved dust extraction.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Starter Kit includes fixed base, straight guide, rapid charger, one battery and case
- LXT technology delivers 380 feet of cutting performance in red oak using a 1/4 in. (6mm) straight bit at a 5/32 in. (4mm) depth with a 5.0Ah battery
- Makita-built brushless motor delivers faster and more accurate cuts in a variety of materials
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Variable speed control dial (10,000 - 30,000 RPM) to match the speed to the application
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load
- On/Off button with separate lock button helps prevent accidental start-up of the tool
- Soft start feature for smoother start-ups and better accuracy
- Smooth rack-and-pinion fine depth adjustment system for more precise settings
- Slim and ergonomically designed body with rubberized grip for increased comfort
- 18V LXT Brushless Compact Router (XTR01Z)
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
- Interlocking Case, Large (197212-5)
- Straight Guide (122965-7)
- Spanner Wrench (781011-1)
- Spanner Wrench (781039-9)
- 1/4 in. Collet (763637-1)
Compliance and Restrictions