18V LXT Brushless Cordless 11/16 in. AVT Rotary Hammer, accepts SDS-PLUS bits, Tool Only (XRH12ZW) is a cordless concrete solution that features AWS capability for maximum efficiency and convenient dust extraction. The efficient HEPA filter captures 99.97% of particulates .3 microns and larger. The compatible On-Board Dust Extractor Attachment with HEPA Filter is OSHA Table 1 compliant. It's powered by 18V LXT technology and an efficient brushless motor for maximum power, speed and run-time for corded demands, without the cord. There are 3 modes of operation: rotation only, hammering with rotation, and hammering only. The variable speed trigger enables the user to match the speed to the application. It is ideal for a range of trades including mechanical/electrical/plumbing contractors, concrete contractors, road and bridge contractors, utility workers, pest control, maintenance operations, and more. It accepts SDS-PLUS bits.
The Rotary Hammer is AWS capable with Auto-Start Wireless System, which utilizes Bluetooth technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and equipped dust extractor. To activate AWS, simply install the Auto-Start Wireless Transmitter (198901-5, sold separately) and synchronize with an AWS-equipped dust extractor (sold separately). For reduced vibration, it's equipped with Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT). More than just a padded handle, AVT is an internal counterbalance that uses air pressure to move counterweight pistons in the opposite direction of the drive piston to actively reduce vibration without a compromise in performance.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Powerful BL Brushless motor delivers 0-1,350 RPM, 0-5,000 BPM and 1.2 ft.-lbs. of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications
- Dust extraction capability with optional OSHA Table 1 compliant On-Board Dust Extractor Attachment
- Optional extractor is activated by tool and powered by motor fan blade to maintain concrete dust suction performance
- Efficient HEPA filtration system captures 99.97% of particulates .3 microns and larger
- Torque limiting clutch is engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds
- Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS) which utilizes Bluetooth technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and dust extractor
- AWS capable with Auto-Start Wireless Transmitter (part no. 198901-5) sold separately
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) is engineered to reduce vibration for increased comfort
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most challenging jobs
- Electric brake allows the tool to be repositioned faster for maximum productivity
- 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless 11/16 in. AVT AWS Capable Rotary Hammer - XRH12Z
- Side Handle
- Depth Gauge
- Battery and charger sold separately
Compliance and Restrictions
Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of those chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically-treated lumber. Refer to product manual/instructionsCancer