The Makita 18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless Cordless 1/2 Gallon HEPA Filter Backpack Dry Vacuum with Adapters is a powerful and portable clean-up solution that eliminates extension cords that trail corded backpack vacuums. It's also a powerful and portable dust extraction solution for contractors by bridging the gap between low-capacity on-board dust extraction systems and larger capacity but less portable wheeled canister job site vacuums. The XCV10Z is ideal for cleaning crews, as well as for construction applications when used as part of a dust extraction system (tool connecting adapters sold separately). The XCV10ZX includes the 3 tool adapters for hose connection to most Makita dust extraction attachments (sold separately). The XCV10Z is powered by two 18V Lithium-Ion batteries (sold separately) for 36V power and performance but without leaving the 18V LXT battery platform. The efficient BL Brushless Motor generates 64 CFM of suction and 44 in. of static water lift for fast clean-ups and improved dust extraction, with no cord to pull along or get in the way.
The XCV10Z weighs only 9.9 lbs. (with empty dust bag and two 18V 5.0 Ah batteries, batteries sold separately) and has padded shoulder straps and waist belt with multiple adjustments for a comfortable fit. Cordless and compact, the push button power selection controller attaches to the waist belt of the harness for convenient operation, and the 39 in. flexible hose has a telescoping extension wand with 20 in. - 34 in. of additional reach. The efficient HEPA filter combined with the filter bag captures large, small and micro dust particulates, and the half-gallon dust collection container is easily removed for dust disposal. When using two 18V 5.0 Ah batteries, users will get up to 90 minutes of continuous operation on low setting and 60 minutes on the high setting.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Powerful BL Brushless Motor generates 64 CFM of suction power and 44 in. of water lift
- Up to 62 minutes of continuous operation on normal setting and 33 minutes on high setting using two 18V LXT 5.0 Ah batteries BL1850B (batteries not included)
- Efficient two stage HEPA filter captures 99.97% of particulates .3 microns and larger extending the life of the main filter
- Auto-start Wireless System (AWS) utilizes Bluetooth technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and dust extractor
- AWS capable with Auto-Start Wireless Transmitter (part no. 198901-5) sold separately
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Includes the 3 tool adapters for hose connection to most Makita dust extraction attachments
- Convenient and easy to replace disposable filter dust bag
- Push button controller for power (high/normal) selection and AWS (on/off) operation; conveniently attaches to harness waist belt
- Compact and lightweight design; weighs only 10 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included)
- 18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36V) Brushless 1/2 Gallon HEPA Filter AWS Capable Backpack Dry Dust Extractor - XCV10ZX
- Flexible Hose, 1 in. x 59 in. - 152992-0
- HEPA Filter - 123636-9
- Tool Cuff Adapter, 22mm for 1 in. hose - 417765-1
- Tool Cuff Adapter, 24mm for 1 in. hose - 424379-9
- Tool Cuff Adapter, 38mm for 1 in. hose - 417766-9
- Harness - 162469-7
- Filter Dust Bag
- Battery and charger sold separately
Compliance and Restrictions
Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of those chemicals are: lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products, and arsenic and chromium from chemically-treated lumber. Refer to product manual/instructions