Makita VJ05Z 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Barrel Grip Jig Saw, (Tool Only)Model: mktnvj05z
Last 1 In Stock
Product Features & specs :
Makita VJ05Z 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Barrel Grip Jig Saw, (Tool Only)
- Makita-built brushless motor and 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting deliver faster and more accurate cuts in a variety of materials
- Variable 5-speed control dial (800-3,000 SPM) enables user to match the speed to the application
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for better accuracy
- No-load speed reduction feature automatically reduces SPM for more accurate cutting starts
- Efficient BL Brushless Motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and SPM to the changing demands of the application
- "Tool-less" blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
- Tilting base for bevel cuts from 0Â° - 45Â°
- Heavy gauge aluminum base for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability
- Jigsaw Blade
- Soft start. The soft-start function allows the saw to start gradually, minimizing start-up shock.
- No-load speed reduction. When the speed dial is set at 2 or higher, the tool automatically reduces speed until the tool starts cutting, then accelerates (i.e. upon being loaded) and maintains the selected speed until stopping the tool.
When cutting soft materials (foams, thin plastics, etc.) that offer little blade resistance, the no-load speed reduction function can be disabled by a simple procedure. (With the tool off, set the speed dial to "1", press the lock / unlock button to power the tool, turn the speed dial to "5", and then immediately back to "1".) Disabling the no-load speed function (LED tool lights flash twice when disabled) causes the jig saw to operate like an ordinary variable-speed tool.
The only minor complaint is that some accessories (e.g. anti-splintering device, vacuum hose adapter, etc.) are not included. In fact, for some reason certain part no.'s are not even listed in Makita literature for these options. Otherwise, it's highly recommended.
1. It seems to me that there is a blower that combined with the LED keep the cut line really clean.
2. I prefer variable speed on a dial as it makes cuts more repeatable.
3. No load detection keeps the blade speed down when not cutting.