Makita MAC5200 3.0 HP 5.2 Gallon Oil-Lube Dolly Air CompressorMakita Model: mktnmac5200
Product Features & specs :
Makita MAC5200 3.0 HP 5.2 Gallon Oil-Lube Dolly Air Compressor
- Rugged Wheels - Jobsite portability
- Built-in Storage Compartment - Conveniently stores air fittings & accessories
- Oil Lubricated - Cooler running pump, minimum wear
- Air Hose Wrap - Stores 50 ft. of 3/8 in. Air Hose with handle folded or upright
- Large automotive style industrial air filter for increased air intake and greater efficiency
- Tool Hangers - Stores tools when not in use
- Durable cast iron cylinder reduces wear and increases pump life; removable for easy maintenance
- Roll cage construction for extra protection to pump and motor assembly
- Oil sight glass for fast, easy and efficient maintenance
- Finned discharge tubing for increased heat dissipation and reduced moisture in the air
- Lever handle ball valve - tank drain valve improves upon standard petcock design for easier maintenance
- Convenient oil drain at the front of the pump for easy access
- Built-in thermal overload for additional motor protection
- 3.0 HP Air Compressor - MAC5200
- 1/4 in. Brass Makita Universal Coupler
- Operating Manual
1 year ago
It is not as loud as most small compressors, and has a fast recovery time. It is built heavy duty
so it's not light weight but definitely well made.
The first one I received was dead and would not come on after the first use. CPO customer service was courtesy and helpfully when I called about it and quickly sent me another compressor out before I had even sent the defective one back. Which was a huge plus, as the orginal box was damaged from being left on the porch via UPS in the rain.
The second compressor arrived quickly (2-3 days) and looked a little more worn, but nothing to bad. Filled it with compressor oil and it started right up to do the break-in period. The compressor has ran flawless since purchase for the last few months with light use.
I have used it to fill tires, air ratchet and impact wrench so far and has worked great. I will recommend if you do heavy work with air tools, that you might want to look at a larger capacity compressor. This one will keep up for the most part with light use, but not for extended periods of time and use.
I gave 4 stars only for the reason of a defective first compressor.
The only down side was it was shipped in cardboard box that was opened. I checked it out with UPS driver standing by and there was not any damage. They need to ship differently.
Q & A :
Makita Standard WarrantyThe Makita Standard Warranty applies to both new and factory-reconditioned Makita tools. Every Makita tool is thoroughly inspected and tested before leaving the factory. If you are not satisfied with any Makita tool within 30 days of purchase, return it and Makita will provide a replacement or refund. Each Makita tool is warranted to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for the period of ONE YEAR from the date of original purchase. Should any trouble develop during this one-year period, return the COMPLETE tool, freight prepaid, to one of Makita's Factory or Authorized Service Centers.
Each NEW Makita Lithium‐Ion Power Tool, Battery and Charger is warranted to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for the period of THREE YEARS from the date of original purchase
If inspection shows the trouble is caused by defective workmanship or material, Makita will repair (or at its option, replace without charge).
This Warranty does not apply where:
- Repairs have been made or attempted by others
- Repairs are required because of normal wear and tear
- The tool has been abused, misused or improperly maintained
- Alterations have been made to the tool