Makita’s 11/16 in. Rotary Hammer (accepts SDS-PLUS) is a compact and lightweight solution for concrete drilling. It delivers more efficient hitting in a compact size for faster, more productive work. The compact size and high power-to-weight ratio makes the 11/16 in. Rotary Hammer ideal for overhead work and applications in close quarters.
The HR1840 features a Makita-built 4.3 AMP motor that delivers a no load speed of 0-2,100 RPM, with 0-4,800 BPM and 1.4 Joules of impact energy. Two-mode operation includes “Rotation Only” and “Hammering with Rotation” for multiple applications. Consistent with the rest of Makita’s rotary hammer line-up, the HR1840 is engineered with the Makita Motor Advantage. This includes field core interlocking steel laminations, dual ball bearing armature, and more copper commutator bars. These features deliver the most efficient transfer of energy for more power and longer tool life. Additional performance features include a torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds.
Comfort and ease-of-use features include an Ergonomic "Pistol-shaped" handle with rubberized soft grip for increased comfort. Additional features include a one-touch sliding chuck that allows for easy bit changes, and a large trigger switch with recessed lock-on button for continuous use. The extended life brushes are longer for less downtime and more work between service intervals. The HR1840 is ideal for masons, remodelers, electricians, maintenance crews, and general contractors.
- Powerful 4.5 AMP motor delivers 1.03 ft. lbs of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications
- Torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds
- Variable speed trigger enables user to match the speed to the application for greater versatility
- For dust management use available Dust Extraction Cup: Includes Side Handle Spacer, Side Handle Base and Bolt
- 2-Mode operation for "Rotation Only" or "Hammering with Rotation"
- Ergonomic "Pistol-shaped" handle with rubberized soft grip for increased comfort
- Recessed lock-on button for continuous use
- Reverse rotation mode allows for easy bit removal should the bit bind
- Extended life brushes are longer for more work between service intervals and less downtime
- Makita Motor Advantage engineered with field core interlocking steel laminations, dual ball bearing armature and more copper commutator bars, increasing energy transfer efficiency for more power and longer tool life
- Depth Gauge (415486-9)
- Tool Case (821706-5)
- Side Handle
Compliance and Restrictions
Cancer and Reproductive Harm -- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/product