Makita EN401MP Articulating Hedge Trimmer Couple Shaft AttachmentMakita Model: mktnen401mp
Product Features & specs :
Makita EN401MP Articulating Hedge Trimmer Couple Shaft Attachment
- 20" double-sided blade with 13 angle settings for efficient trimming of overhead and low-lying hedges
- Angle change lever quickly and easily adjusts blade angle
- Commercial duty gear case engineered for improved durability
- 180º blade adjustment allows blade to be positioned along shaft for convenient transport and storage
- Tip guard protects blade from unnecessary wear
- For use with Makita Couple Shaft Power Heads
- Shear blade and blade cover
It does cut 1/4 to 3/8 limbs with ease, as i trimmed my apple tree spring 2 foot shoots down for that mushroom look of Japanese maples... The origami of Feng Shui gardening at it's best...
*** three stars:
I would give this 5 stars if it were not so awkward...and lean to just the hedge trimmer without the articulating head as this one...
I do not own the latter, non-articulating head... but it is clear to me it would be easier and lighter to wield without suffering arm fatigue and the early weariness of the forearm and biceps.... One would have to be in great shape to not feel the stresses associated with this tool.
I do like the ability to bend the head to do overhead trimming from the ground... all the former does apply... It's heavy!
over 2 years ago