Makita DS4012 8.5 Amp 0 - 600 RPM Variable Speed 1/2 in. Corded Drill with Spade HandleModel: mktnds4012
Last 1 In Stock
Product Features & specs :
Makita DS4012 8.5 Amp 0 - 600 RPM Variable Speed 1/2 in. Corded Drill with Spade Handle
- Delivers a variable speed of 0 - 600 RPM for mixing and drilling in a wide variety of materials
- Forward and reverse lever adds operator convenience
- Well-balanced design for reduced operator fatigue
- D-handle rotates 360 degrees with 24 detent stops for multi-position operation
- Rubberized grip for increased operator comfort
- All ball bearing construction for durability and longer tool life
- 8.5 Amp 1/2 in. Spade Handle Drill - DS4012
Why is it a good buy? Compared to the other oriental manufactured brother this Makita replaces: The other new drill was used several times. Boring through good quality steel requires "some guts". The other drill was smoking going through 3/16ths cold rolled steel, the bit was gouging and digging in, and sticking. This Makita didn't bog down under proper pressure which allows for correct use of cobalt drill bits, in this application.
The finished holes were perfect. The variable speed is gradual and smooth. This drill delivers the correct rpm for great control over the job providing for less manhandling of the tool. And the rotating handle is a very nice added feature. Topping that off, CPO's pricing was also a reason this drill was purchased.
Nothing comes to mind for what wouldn't be so good about this product. It's well thought out in design and manufactured with the quality and reliability we've come to expect from Makita.
Q & A :
Makita Standard WarrantyThe Makita Standard Warranty applies to both new and factory-reconditioned Makita tools. Every Makita tool is thoroughly inspected and tested before leaving the factory. If you are not satisfied with any Makita tool within 30 days of purchase, return it and Makita will provide a replacement or refund. Each Makita tool is warranted to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for the period of ONE YEAR from the date of original purchase. Should any trouble develop during this one-year period, return the COMPLETE tool, freight prepaid, to one of Makita's Factory or Authorized Service Centers.
Each NEW Makita Lithium‐Ion Power Tool, Battery and Charger is warranted to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for the period of THREE YEARS from the date of original purchase
If inspection shows the trouble is caused by defective workmanship or material, Makita will repair (or at its option, replace without charge).
This Warranty does not apply where:
- Repairs have been made or attempted by others
- Repairs are required because of normal wear and tear
- The tool has been abused, misused or improperly maintained
- Alterations have been made to the tool