Makita 5377MG 7-1/4 in. Magnesium Hypoid SawMakita Model: mktn5377mg
Last 6 In Stock
Product Features & specs :
Makita 5377MG 7-1/4 in. Magnesium Hypoid Saw
- Magnesium components create a lightweight saw (13.0 lbs.) that is well-balanced and jobsite tough
- High quality, heat treated hypoid steel gears do not prematurely wear like traditional bronze-alloy worm drive gears
- Oil bath technology is created with a built-in fan and sealed gear housing to ensure 100% oil surface coating
- Retractable hook allows tool to remain close-by, but never in the way
- Make quick, one-handed adjustments using large, rubberized levers
- Better fit and more control with comfortable rubber grip on handle
- Blade wrench is attached to saw for fast and convenient blade changing
- Large cutting capacity (2-3/8 in. at 90 degrees) and bevel capacity (0-51.5 degrees) with positive stops at 22.5 degrees and 45 degrees
- Settings are easy to read with oversized number and ruler markings
- Reinforced power cord withstands jobsite abuse and lowers repair costs
- Includes a premium 7-1/4 in. carbide-tipped framing blade that cuts 50% faster and lasts 2x longer
- 7-1/4 in. Magnesium Hypoid Saw - 5377MG
- Carbide-Tipped Blade - A-94530
- Hex Blade Wrench - 783204-6
- Operating Manual
This may weigh more than twice the regular direct drive skillsaw it replaces but the results were better one handed than I've managed in the last 10 years.
Never bought refurbished tools before but if this is the norm l'll definitely do so again, looking forward to lots of years with this saw.
For the amount of use in my workshop it fits the task well. It is a good design and the lack of the need for worm drive maintenance saves some upkeep.
Saws of this genre tend to be heavy but the magnesium reduces some of the weight.
oak boards from 6 to 10 feet and don't even need to mark them just put my finger on the edge as a guide and it is ripping them beautifully.
Q & A :
Makita Standard WarrantyThe Makita Standard Warranty applies to both new and factory-reconditioned Makita tools. Every Makita tool is thoroughly inspected and tested before leaving the factory. If you are not satisfied with any Makita tool within 30 days of purchase, return it and Makita will provide a replacement or refund. Each Makita tool is warranted to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for the period of ONE YEAR from the date of original purchase. Should any trouble develop during this one-year period, return the COMPLETE tool, freight prepaid, to one of Makita's Factory or Authorized Service Centers.
Each NEW Makita Lithium‐Ion Power Tool, Battery and Charger is warranted to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for the period of THREE YEARS from the date of original purchase
If inspection shows the trouble is caused by defective workmanship or material, Makita will repair (or at its option, replace without charge).
This Warranty does not apply where:
- Repairs have been made or attempted by others
- Repairs are required because of normal wear and tear
- The tool has been abused, misused or improperly maintained
- Alterations have been made to the tool