This item is temporarily out of stock. Want an email when it’s back in stock?
Product Features & specs :
Husqvarna 122HD60 21.7cc Gas 23 in. Dual Action Hedge Trimmer
- The Smart Start engine and starter have been designed so the machine starts quickly with minimum effort
- A carburetor air purge system removes air from the carburetor and fuel system for easy starting
- When the machine is turned off, the stop switch automatically returns to the start position for easier starting
- Effective low noise engine design will not disturb you or your neighbors
- Anti-vibration dampeners absorb vibration, reducing stress on the user's arms and hands
- Adjustable rear handle facilitates cutting the sides and tops of hedges easily
- Longer cutting bar for an extended reach
- 21.7cc Gas 23 in. Dual Action Hedge Trimmer - 9665324-02
That said, the hedge trimmer model 122HD60 suffers from what I believe is a major design defect. The second time I started the hedge trimmer, the starter mechanism broke. The problem is that the cord mechanism has a piece of metal that appears to contact a plastic piece for starting. Pulling on the cord fractured the plastic which appears to be very brittle. Why do companies continue to use plastic parts that will not stand up to normal use? I suspect that Husqvarna knows this is a potential problem because the manual states "pull out the cord until you feel some resistance (the starter pawls grip), now quickly and powerfully pull the cord." I followed this procedure but the plastic broke anyway.
The trimmer is in for warranty repair now. I hope this is not going to be a continual problem. This is just not a rugged tool like the chain saw and string trimmer.