Product Features & specs :
Delta 31-481 2 HP Industrial 26 in. Drum Sander
- Industrial 3 HP, 230V, 60 Hz, 1-Phase Main Motor with magnetic controls
- 1/6 HP, 1 Phase, variable speed feed belt motor with feed speeds from 3 FPM to 20 FPM; drum speed 1,550 RPM
- Increased capacity allows for sanding material up to 12-1/4 in. deep x 25-1/2 in. wide
- Independent adjustable rear drum offers one pass sanding capability using 2 grits, reducing processing time
- Rear roller adjustment dials ensure rear drum is level
- Latching top door provides direct access to dual drums for ease in sanding wrap changes
- Toolless drum wrap tensioning clamps make installation and removal of sanding strips easy, requiring less downtime
- (2) 4 in. Dust ports for efficient dust collection requiring a total of only 600 CFM Includes (2) 4 in. integral dust ports, feed belt, (2) sanding drums, (1) 80 grit and (1) 120 grit sanding strips
- 2 HP Industrial 26 in. Drum Sander - 31-481
The instructions on Pages 12 and 13 in the Operating Instructions for setting rear drum height and parallelism are confusing. In general, it is a very poor manual. Most manuals for drum sanders include information about dimensions of sanding strips. This one does not. The manual is titled Operating Instructions and Parts Manual. There is no "Parts Manual".
We purchased the Delta brand set of three sanding strips that are advertised to fit this machine. They are too short. The Delta's specs for this machine say the strips are 92 1/2" long, and that is the length of the strips that come in the set. However, when you try to install one of these strips, they are obviously too short. The strips that came installed on the machine are 93 1/2". That one inch makes a big difference.
Even though we have a robust dust collection system, lots of dust escapes and is dumped on the floor below the outfeed side of the feed table.
Maybe after we learn some things about this machine that the Operating Instruction should have made clear, and we receive the bulk abrasive belt material we have on order and can cut strips to the correct length, we will learn to love this machine. We will see.
Q & A :
Warranty for all Delta Machinery Products - Five Year Limited New Product Warranty (180 days for reconditioned products)
DELTA will repair or replace, at it’s expense, and it’s option, any new DELTA machine, machine part, or machine accessory which in normal use has proven to be defective in workmanship or material, provided that the customer returns the product prepaid to a DELTA factory service center or authorized service station with proof of purchase of the product within 5 years and provides DELTA with reasonable opportunity to verify the alleged defect by inspection. For all refurbished DELTA product, the warranty period is 180 days. DELTA will not be responsible for any asserted defect which has resulted from normal wear, misuse, abuse or repair or alteration made, or specifically authorized by anyone other than an authorized DELTA service facility or representative. Under no circumstances will DELTA be liable for incidental or consequential damages resulting from defective products. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty is DELTA’s sole warranty and sets forth the customer’s exclusive remedy, with respect to defective products; all other warranties, express or implied, whether of merchantability, fitness for purpose, or otherwise, are expressly disclaimed by DELTA.