California Air Tools 2010A 1 HP 2 Gallon Ultra Quiet Aluminum Tank Air CompressorModel: clfncat-2010a
Product Features & specs :
California Air Tools 2010A 1 HP 2 Gallon Ultra Quiet Aluminum Tank Air Compressor
- Designed to be one of the quietest air compressors in the industry having only 60 decibels of sound
- Powerful 1.0 HP motor operates at only 1,680 RPM creating less noise and less wear
- Oil-free dual piston pump system is engineered for high performance and durability
- Oil-free pump allows for use in a variety of temperatures and uneven terrains
- Time to fill tank from empty to full is 50 Seconds
- Recovery time from 90 PSI to 120 PSI is 14 Seconds
- 1.0 HP 2 Gallon Ultra Quiet Aluminum Tank Air Compressor - CAT-2010A
It is lightweight, it is quiet (love that), and it does seem fairly well made.
That said, it did have that whiff of Chinesium stank to it out of the box, which always makes me a bit nervous. Can be a harbinger of things to come, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
The tank is well made and inspires confidence it won't shrapnel, but the welds on the frame aren't quite skookum. Some leftover welding wire stuck to some welds.
I've killed oilless units in the past and hemmed and hawed over this vs an oil-lube version. The light weight and short runtime to fill made me take a shot at it.
I've not had it long enough to evaluate whether it'll last, but it fills quick, returns to full pressure quickly and overall is a pretty decent unit.
Easy to move, nice and light. Won't blow anything out hoisting it in and out of your truck.
Using an airgun drains it fast as you'd expect. All my nailers run well on it, from my brad nailer up my big framing gun...so far.
As always, CPO service and shipping was top notch.
decided it was worth a try. I have been very impressed so far.
It certainly is quite. The only thing I miss is my store brand compressor had a place to store a few things. I kept my tool oil, tire infiltrator, tools and blow gun in it. I will come up with something for this.