Bosch GHO12V-08N 12V Max Planer (Tool Only)Model: bshngho12v-08n
Product Features & specs :
Bosch GHO12V-08N 12V Max Planer (Tool Only)
- Easy-to-handle, balanced cordless planer design - for fast, smooth stock removal with the first 12V Max planer on the market
- EC Brushless motor - provides professional operation, 14,500 rpm planing and efficient runtime
- Long runtime - delivers up to 33 Ft. of planing per battery Amp hour (Ah) in hardwood, planing at 0.04 In. depth
- 2.2 In. planing width - allows planing of most wood door edges
- Impressive capacities - provides a single-pass planing depth of up to 0.08 In. and the ability create rabbets of up to 0.7 In.
- (1) 12V Max Planer - GHO12V-08
- (2) 2.2 In. (56 mm) Woodrazor Micrograin Carbide Planer Blades (PA1208)
- (1) Blade Wrench (1907950003)
- (1) Shavings Deflector (1607000CJ0)
- (1) Shavings Bag (2605411243)
- (1) Vacuum Hose Adapter (1600A012LX)
I'm very handy but not a pro.
I generally like poplar for trim work, but it's a hard soft wood and can be difficult.
I biscuit joined 1x2 edge trim too an 2'x8' window bench to give a nice thick edge, of course there was a bit of a lip at the joint of varying depths and locations including an angle joint which was the main problem....on 3 side of it!
The increments for this power planer worked beautifully. I was able to bring down the lip and other high points quickly with large passes then use the smallest increment for a smooth to the touch finish, and without leaving any sort of score line at the side where the planer blade ended on the work piece.
I was originally worried about the price but was attracted by the weight and design. Bosch has never disappointed me...and this unit surpassed my expectations!
The weight, design and handling are outstanding.
I love the increments, the smallest allows for passes like you were using sand paper.
The dust control attachments work well and attached to my small shop vac perfect.
Absolutely awesome, you nailed it!