The Irwin Industrial Tools - Hanson PTS (Performance Threading System) Taps and Dies are the most innovative products in the threading industry in decades. With an increased flute taper in the taps, the new products are 20% more durable and up to 30% easier to break chips with. Irwin has also added self aligning taps to the program by creating an alignment chamfer (tap tip) that easily allows the user to start threading straight with ease. The new rolled thread dies with Irwins patent pending self aligning guide system provided less chance for cross threading, greater thread quality, greater accuracy and greater cutting ease. On top of the new Taps and Dies, Irwin has also redesigned the entire drive tool system. With a die lock ergonomic die handle that also accepts two different adjustable tap sockets, this all encompassing drive tool set will make the job easier for every threading application.
- The new drive tool system includes a quick set die handle which allows for quick and secure installation of the die into the handle. This eliminates the need for set screws like the ones found in traditional die handles
- The system has two adjustable tap sockets that can be used either in the die handle, with the included T bar or can be used with a 3/8 in. ratchet
- This allows the user to thread in many different size spaces
- The drive system also comes with a standard and metric thread gauge to easily determine what tap or die needs to be used in rethreading applications
- In order to use the new quick set die handle with traditional dies, the kit also features a spacer that will back fit the new handle to traditional dies
- Performance Threading System Drive Tools - 4935055