These locking extensions feature a positive locking ball and sliding collar for quick release of sockets and accessories. Useful in hard to reach areas where a positive lock on the socket is required. All are designed for impact use. Sets include the most common sizes. Individual extensions available in lengths up to 36 in. Features: Made from high quality alloy steel (chrome-molybdenum) Thorough and exact heat treatment ensures the correct balance of strength and durability.
- increased Strength: Transfers the pressure from the thinnest part of the socket wall toward the thicker section, resulting in increased strength
- Increased Torque: Allows up to 20% more torque to be applied than on standard hex impact sockets
- Easier Access to Tight Areas: The shift in pressure allows us to reduce the socket wall thickness, increasing access to tight areas
- Reduced Wear: Our impact sockets grip the fastener across a broader contact area, reducing the chance of rounding off fasteners
- 3 Pc. 1/4 in. Drive Impact Locking Extension Set - 9703QL