GENERAC STANDARD TWO-YEAR LIMITED TRANSFER SWITCH WARRANTY
NOTE: ALL UNITS MUST HAVE A START-UP INSPECTION PERFORMED BY AN AUTHORIZED GENERAC DEALER.
For a period of 2 (two) years from the date of sale/start date, Generac Power Systems, Inc. will, at its option, repair or replace any part(s) which, upon examination, inspection, and testing by Generac Power Systems or a Generac Power Systems Authorized Warranty Service Facility, is found to be defective under normal use and service, in accordance with the warranty schedule set forth below. Any equipment that the purchaser/owner claims to be defective must be returned to, and examined by the nearest Generac Power Systems Authorized Warranty Service Facility.
All transportation costs under the warranty, including return to the factory, are to be borne and prepaid by the purchaser/owner. This warranty applies only to Generac Power Systems Transfer Switch applications, as Generac Power Systems, Inc. have defined Transfer Switch application, provided said Transfer Switch has been initially installed and inspected on-site by a Generac Power Systems Authorized Service Dealer or branch thereof. A scheduled maintenance agreement with a local Authorized Generac Power Systems Dealer is highly recommended to verify adequate service has been performed on the unit throughout the warranty period.
- YEAR ONE — 100% (one hundred percent) coverage on mileage*, labor, and parts listed.
- • ALL COMPONENTS
- YEAR TWO — 100% (one hundred percent) coverage on parts listed.
- • ALL COMPONENTS — * PARTS ONLY
- * Travel allowance is limited to 300 miles maximum, or 7.5 hours maximum (per occurrence), round trip, to the nearest authorized Generac Service Facility.
• A Generac Power Systems, Inc. Transfer Switch is highly recommended to be used in conjunction with the genset. If a non Generac genset is substituted for use and directly causes damage to the Generac Transfer Switch, no warranty coverage shall apply.
• All warranty expense allowances are subject to the conditions defined in Generac Power Systems Warranty, Policies, and Procedures Flat Rate Manual.
• Units that have been resold are not covered under the Generac Power Systems Warranty, as this Warranty is not transferable.
THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY TO THE FOLLOWING:
- 1. Any unit built/manufactured prior to January 1, 2002.
- 2. Unit enclosure is only covered against rust or corrosion the first year of the warranty provision.
- 3. Costs of normal maintenance i.e. tune-ups, associated part(s), adjustments, loose/leaking clamps, installation and start-up.
- 4. Use of Non-Generac replacement part(s) will void the warranty in its entirety.
- 5. Any failure caused by contaminated fuels, oils, coolants/antifreeze or lack of proper fuels, oils or coolants/antifreeze.
- 6. Failures due, but not limited to, normal wear and tear, accident, misuse, abuse, negligence, or improper installation or sizing.
- 7. Failures caused by any external cause or act of God such as collision, fire, theft, freezing, vandalism, riot or wars, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, volcanic eruption, water or flood, tornado, hurricane, terrorist acts or nuclear holocaust.
- 8. Products that are modified or altered in a manner not authorized by Generac Power Systems in writing.
- 9. Any incidental, consequential or indirect damages caused by defects in materials or workmanship, or any delay in repair or replacement of the defective part(s).
- 10. Failure due to misapplication, misrepresentation, or bi-fuel conversion.
- 11. Telephone, telegraph, teletype or other communication expenses.
- 12. Living or travel expenses of person(s) performing service, except as specifically included within the terms of a specific unit warranty period.
- 13. Rental equipment used while warranty repairs are being performed i.e. rental generators, cranes, etc..
- 14. Overtime labor or more than one person performing repairs.
- 15. Any and all expenses incurred investigating performance complaints unless defective Generac materials and or workmanship were the direct cause of the problem.
- 16. * Engine coolant heaters (block-heaters), heater controls and circulating pumps after the first year.
- 17. * Starting batteries, fuses, light bulbs, and engine fluids, tires, brakes and overnight freight cost for replacement part(s).
THIS WARRANTY IS IN PLACE OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, SPECIFICALLY, GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS ONLY LIABILITY SHALL BE THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF PART(S) AS STATED ABOVE. IN NO EVENT SHALL GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES ARE A DIRECT RESULT OF GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS, INC. NEGLIGENCE.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you. Purchaser/owner agrees to make no claims against Generac Power Systems, Inc. based on negligence. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You also may have other rights that vary from state to state.