An industry leader for over 50 years, the Freud name equals quality, precision and craftsmanship. Freud router bits feature Freud made TiCo Hi-Density Carbide for maximum cutting life. Each bit is individually balanced, giving a cut above the rest.
Crown molding is the perfect way to transform a room, giving height and elegance to an otherwise ordinary ceiling. Freud's unique Wide Crown Molding Bits mill their own 5-1/2 in. wide crown molding economically and in a variety of wood and profile choice. These bits are the only router tooling capable of producing such wide crown molding and also feature a carefully designed shape that lets you mix and match profiles to produce precisely the shape you need.
Each bit produces half of the molding profile. Three bits are designed for the upper half of the molding and three produce the lower half. Each bit features a sweeping curve that transitions perfectly into the corresponding curve of the adjoining profile. Just select the upper and lower profiles that match your favorite design. Then use Freud's Molding Bevel Cutter to rout perfect 38 degree and 52 degree bevels on the stock to finish the job.
- Provides the Lower 6 profile for crown molding
- Mill 5-1/2 in. wide crown molding from almost any hardwood or softwood
- Mix and match bits for upper and lower profiles to produce nine different designs
- Use only in a router table with minimum 6 in. high fence, mill in 3 or more passes
- Anti-kickback design for safety
- Individually computer balanced for vibration-free operation
- Precision ground for the smoothest cuts
- Impervious to chemical attack for longer life
- Covered by Freud's limited lifetime warranty
- 5-1/2 in. Wide Crown Molding - Lower 6 Profile Router Bit - 99-419