Easy-to-handle axe maximizes your power, speed and accuracy for more one-strike splits and includes a heavy-duty sheath.
Fiskars' X17 Splitting Axe is an easy-to-handle, easy-to-transport choice for anyone who needs to split small- to medium-sized logs with power and speed. Like every X-Series Hatchet or Axe, the X17 combines perfected weight distribution, advanced blade geometry, an ultra-sharp edge and virtually unbreakable design to maximize your performance. This combination of features allows the blade to disperse wood more effectively, offering more one-strike splits with each swing. Since you can split wood more easily with the X17, each job requires less time, less effort and less hand strain.
- Ideal for splitting small- to medium-sized logs
- Designed for maximum efficiency to give you more one-strike splits
- Perfected balance and power-to-weight ratio increases swing speed to multiply power, much like an aluminum baseball bat
- Advanced bevel convex blade geometry adds power and makes the blade easier to remove from wood
- Unique head shape disperses wood from the blade for clean splitting
- Proprietary blade-grinding technique provides a sharper edge for better contact and cleaner cuts
- Hardened forged steel blade stays sharp longer than traditional axes
- Low-friction blade coating powers through wood and prevents head from getting stuck
- Inseparable PermaHead insert-molded head will not loosen and prevents overstrike breakage
- Shock-absorbing DuraFrame handle is lightweight yet stronger than steel to prevent overstrike damage
- Non-slip grip reduces hand strain and improves control
- Designed in Billns, Finland, building on a 360 year history of the world's best forged tools
- 3785 X17 23-1/2 in. Splitting Axe - 78536935