GBD-series abrasive bead style brushes for block cylinders or liners have globe-shaped abrasive points on an independent suspension for self-centering, self-aligning to the bore, and self-compensating for wear. This reduces set-up time and costs and the need for special operator training, as well as ensuring precise control of finish parameters. The resilient, flexible honing tool has a soft cutting action to create a plateau finish, where surface irregularities are reduced, while retaining a cross-hatch suitable for oil retention, the plateau finish increases the bearing area of the surface.
- Self-centering, self-aligning, and self-compensating for tool wear, to reduce set-up time and costs and the need for special operator training
- A soft cutting action to create a plateau finish through a low-temperature abrading process that exposes undisturbed base metal, to help produce a long-wearing surface
- Grit size ranges from 120 to 320 with higher grit numbers are finer, to help create a smooth surface finish
- Order by actual bore size as the tool is produced oversized
- Silicon carbide is more aggressive and cuts faster than aluminum oxide
- 120 Grit Heavy-Duty Cylinder Flex Hone - GBD40012